viernes, 1 de noviembre de 2013

THE READING MAP



This activity "Reading Map" we did a few weeks ago and consisted to represent through a map, some of the most important books that you've read along your life, since you were going to school until today. In this case, you had to make as a chronological sequence, drawing and representing the books that you can be identified at all these stages of your life.

It seemed a very creative and interesting activity for both of us to remember what kind of books we read before, and to do it with primary students at school, promoting the literature.

When I started to develop this activity, it seemed a bit complicated because I did not know what kind of map could do, and I do not remember very well  the books that I had read as a child. For this, I had to start looking for my room, the books that I had of the school and ask my parents what kind of books I used to read as a child.

This activity "Reading Map" helped me:
- To remember a little more about children's literature.
- To remember the kind of books that have influenced me when I was young and nowadays.
- To know the literature that the teachers used to employ teachers to transmit a set of educational values ​​in some cases.
- To be able to represent and identify in a visual way the objective of this activity.

The activity of Reading map can also be used in other subjects, not just on the literature. As for example, in Science to represent the water cycle, photosynthesis, the order of the planets... because this type of activity has a lot of different ways to develop and achieve different goals.
However, in the subject in which it is focused more is in Literature, because the teachers are allowed to know the literary likes of students, organize groups and oral presentations as literary genre, develop murals, debates for the defense of a book, improvise class libraries, etc.
With all these complementary activities is encouraged reading books and the interest and motivation in the literature.

Finally, here I show you a photo of my "Reading Map" where you can observe the most important books related to the literature in each of the stages of my life:
- From 0-3 years old
- At school
- At high school
- Adulthood





If I have to highlight the books that I liked and influenced me until nowadays, were: The Three Little Pigs, Matilda, Manolito Gafotas and Harry Potter.







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario